SSC CGL Syllabus Exam:
Candidates those who are searching the syllabus of the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam 2018, here you will get the all detailed syllabus for the CGL exam 2018. This article is consists of all the syllabus of four tire exam conduct by SSC. Interested candidates can read the full article and start preparing accordingly.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is responsible for conducting various exams for Ministry and Government Department of India. Combined Graduate Level is also conducted by the SSC every year. There is four Tire is made for the selection process of CGL. Every tire has its own syllabus and merit made for the final selection.
|Name of Organization||Staff Selection Commission(SSC)|
|Name of Exam||Combined Graduate Level (CGL)|
- Written Exam(Tire I, Tire II, Tire III and Tire IV)
- Merit Lists
Syllabus for Exam:
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy.
- Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification.
- Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series.
- Problem Solving.
- Word Building.
- Coding & decoding.
- Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations.
- Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization.
- Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences.
- Punched hole/pattern –folding & unfolding.
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion.
- Address matching.
- Date & city matching.
- Classification of center codes/roll numbers.
- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding, and classification.
- Embedded Figures.
- Critical thinking.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
- Current events/affairs.
- Economic Scene.
- General Policy.
- Scientific Research.
- Whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers.
- Ratio & Proportion.
- Square roots.
- Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business.
- Mixture and Alligation.
- Time and distance.
- Time & Work.
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence, and similarity of triangles.
- Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons.
- Right, Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with a triangular or square base.
- Trigonometric ratio.
Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension, and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
Quantitative Ability (QA)
Same as SSC CGL 2018 (Tier I)
English Language & Comprehension
- Spot the error,
- Fill in the blanks,
- Synonyms, antonyms,
- Spelling/detecting misspelled words,
- Idioms & phrases,
- One word substitution,
- Improvement of sentences,
- Active/passive voice of verbs,
- Conversion into the direct/indirect narration,
- Shuffling of sentence parts,
- Shuffling of sentences in a passage,
- Cloze passage & comprehension passage.
Statistics for Junior Statistical Office (JSO)
- Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation.
- Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data
- Methods of data collection.
- Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts.
- Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Partition values- quartiles, deciles, percentiles.
- Measures of Dispersion- range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
- Correlation and Regression
- Sampling Theory
- Statistical Inference
- Analysis of Variance
- Time Series Analysis
- Index Numbers
General Studies (Finance and Economics) for the post of Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer in Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG
Candidates who have successfully clear Tier I and Tier II of SSC CGL 2018 can appear for Tier III. The tier III exam is consists of 1-hour long descriptive test in Pen/paper mode where candidate are allowed to write an Essay or letter in English or Hindi.
Tier IV of SSC CGL 2018 consists of a computer proficiency test wherein the candidates will be tested for typing speed. It also called Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
|Official Website||Click Here|